Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Dad said "Never Give Up"

Leave a Legacy by Never Giving Up!

Fifteen years ago, when Shirley and I started our “five-year plan” to become financially free with our own Home Based Business, we had no idea where it would lead us.

Here is the difference between us and most people. We have not given up. This journey has been challenging. We’ve had a lot of challenges, and I am sure we will have many more. We could have “thrown in the towel” many times. Before we learned what we know today, it was tempting to want to give up.

But my question was always. Give what up? Give up life? Give up learning? Give up growing? Give up caring? Give up setting an example for our kids? Give up on ourselves? Give into the failure mentality that is current in today’s environment????

My dad and mom taught us kids to “Never Give Up” on a worthwhile goal. Both my brother and sister have successful traditional businesses. Must have sunk in!

I remember being told “I don’t care if you are a ditch digger or a professional athlete, be the best you can be." “Give eight hours work for eight hours pay.” “Dig your well before your well goes dry.”

When I was 10 years old, my dad hurt his back working and we almost lost everything. My little brother and I took over the operation of the farm until he could work again. I lived hard work and commitment. When I grew up, I just continued on in what I was taught and have never given up.

While we changed directions a few times, we have never quit. We got better mentors, more focused information., better opportunities came our way, we searched and found truth. We never quit!

Life prepared us to never give up. When we lost our first son at birth we could not give up. When it happened a second time we asked why and slowed down for awhile, but we did not give up. We now knew what was important in life and we did not give up. Life is not easy, everybody has their own story and we celebrate them. We are not unique as I have seen many people win in many areas of their life. They did not give up either.

In the book “Think and Grow Rich” Napoleon Hill says “When you make a plan, if that plan fails, make another plan. If that plan fails, make another plan.”

So where is the rich part? …. We have a beautiful family, girls in university and doing well, are debt free, Shirley was able to stay home as a full time mom, we have an organic farm, and thriving home based businesses etc. I would say we are rich and we are not done yet. Never give up!

In my family, there was always a plan A, B, C… etc. It seemed that nothing ever went according to plan. We were constantly in a state of change. So it seemed a natural thing for me to always have a backup. “Dig your well before your well goes dry”

I’ve recreated myself a few times and am doing so again. We have mastered personal productivity and leverage, two important components necessary for success today.

The purpose of this article is to urge you to Never Give Up…. To Dig Your Well BEFORE Your Well Goes Dry… because in this debt-based monetary system it will go dry.

I’m so fortunate to have a great family, to know who I am and Whom I serve, successful businesses and great friends to share and grow with.

So just because your first vision doesn’t come true, leave a legacy by never giving up.

No comments: